North Elementary School
Weekly Memo for Parents
April 15, 2019
School Library Month
School Volunteer Month
Character Trait of the Month - Commitment
Welcome to Week 32
- Tennis Unit starts in PE for grades 3-5
- 5th grade visits Yearling Middle School
- Kind Kids Club meets 3:00-4:00 PM
- 2nd grade Oceanographic Institute Field Trip, group 1
- Math Bowl students leave NES at 3:30 PM
- Math Bowl at Osceola Middle School 5:00-8:00 PM
- Progress Report Day
- Kindergarten Roundup Letters are sent home today; parents can start contacting the school to set up an appointment for May 28
- 2nd grade Oceanographic Institute Field Trip, group 2
- Early Release Day; students’ dismissal starts at 11:30 AM
- School Spelling Bee 8:30 AM; parents are welcome to attend
- NES Talent Show tryouts
- District Advisory Committee meeting 6:00 PM at the County Office
- Good Friday - No School
Please mark the calendar for these important assessment dates:
May 1-2 4th and 5th grade FSA ELA Assessment (Session 1 and Session 2)
May 6-7 3th, 4th, and 5th grade FSA Math Assessment (Session 1 and Session 2)
May 8-9 5th grade FCAT Science Assessment (Session 1 and Session 2)
Other School Business
Title I Parent Surveys are open until May 3! A paper copy was sent home with your child during the first week of April. Please complete the survey at your convenience, but before the end of the month. Here is a link to the electronic version of the Title I Survey. Our school will receive free poster paper and ink for 225 completed surveys!
Additionally, FLDOE is conducting an ESE Parent Survey. The survey is open until May 31.
We appreciate your feedback!
Let’s make this a great week!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson,
Principal of North Elementary School