Celebrate Freedom Week, Florida!
As required by the Department of Education, each day this week, students have an opportunity to be part of the recitation of the first sentences of the Declaration of Independence. Parents, please help us by talking to your child about the history behind the founding of this country and the values on which this country was founded.
“Start with Hello” Week - brought to us by Sandy Hook Promise
Hundreds of schools across the nation will participate in the activities that promote the importance of creating a culture of inclusion and connectedness. At NES, we start with little things such as talking to students about the importance of simply saying “Hello”. We will have a special activity or message to our students and staff on the morning announcements each day.
- 3rd Grade APTT 7:45-9:00 AM - parents are invited to attend this informational session about their child’s progress in class. Meetings will take place in the classrooms.
Wednesday, 9/26 - Dads Take Your Child to School Day
Various activities are planned in classrooms in the morning as we encourage dads to bring their child to school on this very special day. Each grade level has adopted one cause, and is accepting donations for the following organizations:
- Kindergarten Families - Pregnancy Center of Okeechobee or Trails of Hope Animal Rescue, Inc.
- First Grade Families - Men of Distinction
- Second Grade Families - Big Lake Missions
- Third Grade Families - Arnold's Wildlife
- Fourth Grade Families - Pregnancy Center of Okeechobee
- Fifth Grade Families - Select a non-profit listed above to help the one of your choice.
Thursday, 9/27- NES Parental Involvement Night
Every last Thursday of the month at NES is dedicated to parental involvement.
- Title I Annual Meeting 5:00 PM in the Media Center. Please join us today to learn about topics such as
- What is Title I?
- What kind of services does your child receive under Title I?
- What are your rights as a parent?
- Information about our curriculum and Florida Standards
- Information about testing and assessments
- Parental involvement
Since we want to reach all audiences, this event will be also on Facebook Live. Be sure to attend in person or tune in on FB Live - you will have an opportunity win prizes! Additionally, our kindergarten students have prepared a wonderful presentation for parents in celebration of “Celebrate Freedom Week, Florida”. Everyone is invited!
- Gifted Open House 6:00 PM in Mrs. Nolte’s room
- College T-shirt day!
- Snow Cones Day (2nd grade fundraiser).
- 9/4-9/28 Performance Matters Interim Assessment in Science, grades 3-5. We use the results of this assessment to drive our science instruction throughout the year.
- 9/10-9/28 Kindergarten iReady assessments in ELA and Math
- 9/17-9/30 Acaletics Pre-Post Assessment in Math, grades 3-5.
- Students in grades 1-5 will be participating in the district-wide progress monitoring in writing.
Other School Business
- NES needs parent volunteers! Please visit us to learn more about opportunities to become involved with our school!
Let’s make this a great week!
Dr. Tuuli Robinson, Principal of North Elementary School